Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hattie Cove to Fishermen's Cove

We had a light tailwind when we left Hattie Cove. It was an overcast chilly day with brief sprinkles. We could have gone further with such awesome paddling conditions but Fishermen's Cove is such a nice spot, we stopped. I think it was about 3:30. It did get sunny by the time we got to our campsite at Fishermen's Cove but it never did warm up Wednesday. I think we paddled maybe 25 miles? That's about double the typical guided group distance back when I did kayak trips here.. The last time was 1997 and I'd not been back since. Plenty of paddlers would come close to doubling that 25 mile day but for me, these days and with my gimp shoulder 25 seems just fine. The shoulder is slowly feeling better but far from normal and it still won't allow me to take my normal stroke. Feels nice to be in the sleeping bag... I won't be uploading these next few posts until we get to Wawa.

Another camper watched us pack and snapped a pho to of all 4 of us. .. Dan and Dave take a Secchi Disk reading.. A water clarity test Wilderness Classroom is participating in.

Orchids.. What are these ? Snowy Lady Slippers or Pink ? There were lots of them and right at the campsite.

Looking down at the beach from up where the orchids were ... I camped on the beach as it seemed warmer.

We hiked the coastal hiking trail to an overlook of where we camped. See my tent?

Waiting for dinner to cook ... After dinner fire waiting for sunset.

Nice sunset campsite...

No comments:

Post a Comment