Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ouch

I guess I forgot to mention hurting my shoulder just as we were approaching Silver Islet. I have a chronic shoulder impingement syndrome of my right shoulder. I gave me problems on the Inside Passage trip and now thanks to a reactionary brace due to getting surfed unwantedly as I chose to cut the corner over some shallower water just as we were entering the protected channel ... Yes not being able to complete paddling around 'The Lake' crossed my mind. Fortunately I'm familiar with this.. I have to not use my right shoulder, or at least use it as little as possible. At the end of paddling I cool it with bags of Lake Superior water and I'm taking Ibuprofen .. so far it's working and in a couple more days can likely use my normal and vastly more powerful technique. I suppose surgery would have been wise years ago but with the sorry state of my previous worthless major medical I always just let it get better and put up with the lingering potential of re-injury.

Anyway I'll add a photo of our breakfast with Ted in Silver Islet. The next post will be camping on Porphyry Island. Though as I write this for future posting when we have a connection we are camped on Emmerson Island with a strong north wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment