Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homeward bound

It was nice that my stealth camp was not disturbed. I launched about 7:30 am with a bit over 20 miles to reach my home on Park Point in Duluth. It is not the end of my circumnavigation of Superior but I admit...I wish it was : )
I'm not sure how long I'll hang here before continuing on the final 145 miles or so to Grand Portage. Probably a week? I have some paperwork to take care for one thing. A week will have my overuse injuries feeling better but I'm sure they'll be back to where I'm at now after the first day. I could finish in 5 days or it might take a week if I'm windbound much. Well, here's the photos from my last day...for now. Forecast was light south but it was updated to SW 10 to 15 beginning mid morning so it was calm for most but there was that wind again the final couple of hours. It took me 5.5 hours with no stops since I took the direct route not following shore...adjusting as I recognized landmarks.. The light at the Wisconsin Entrance was identified from quite a distance. It seemed to take forever to finally reach it.

Nice calm morning .. As had been the case for the southshore...the sun was at my back each morning

...finally Wisconsin Entrance

It was still an hour once I was at the Wisconsin Entrance .. So good to see the familiar beach in front of my house !

Felt good to sit on my boat with feet in the cool water! A relief....now just hauling 3 loads plus my boat up to the house... : )

3 comments:

  1. Nice job John! I hope you have a nice rest at home before the final push up the North Shore. It really is a nice stretch and it will be pretty fun to paddle through Cook County.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, what a feeling being home despite the finish line ahead.
    Hey get some shoulder work, mine was flawless. I'm rehabbing the torn hamstring now, I rested it last weekend, what a difference.

    ReplyDelete