Friday, July 6, 2012

Ontonagon to the Porky's

I paddled 18 miles or so this morning. It took 4 hours. I decided to camp at the Union Bay campground with so much day left as the afternoon was supposed to be a stormy one. It's supposed to be light variable winds the next couple days so I hope it holds accurate. It rained as I was setting up my tarp but was then showers off and on...though one strong storm just missed us potentially with 60 MPH winds!

Oh..here's the sunset last night.. Not only did I have the 'night light' but they were shooting off serious fireworks last night as well.

Several fishing boats were out in front of the Ontonagon River

The Porky's in the distance

This is an old wooden shipwreck . Note the Great Blue Heron

No beach below the campground so I used the boat ramp

View the other way .. More storminess

No comments:

Post a Comment