Thursday, July 5, 2012

West Sleeping River to Ontonagon

I hustled to get going this morning as up to 20 knot winds west winds were forecast. I figured to camp where I'd hoped to get to last night were it not for the storm. The Township Campground a mile from town. It was an easy 17 mile day and potentially a similar shorter day to Union Bay at the start of the Porky's but maybe I'll see if there is a beach access back country site and go further? Supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon so the campground doesn't sound too bad. Anyway here was today.. I left at 7:30 and reached the campground at 11. Only $15 for tenters!

The sunrise becomes more visible all the time .. Note the sand blown into the recesses of my secured kayak.

Fourteen Mile Point .. The old light house property is for sale.. Century 21

Just a ways from Ontonagon

I'm here .. Just in time for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment