Friday, June 22, 2012

Another day in Grand Marais MI

I've decided to stay a 3rd night at the campground in GM Michigan. Talked to an interesting artisan as they were packing up a weekly Farmers Market. He mad various drums and rattles. His truck was a work of art as well. Len Novak was his name. I mentioned I was going to check out the open mic at Lake Superior Brewing Co . Restaurant for dinner but they didn't show up. Anyway.. that's what I did summer solstice night.. Listened to open mic music. Walked back to the campground at almost midnight.. It was still twilight to the north.
This morning I ran into a guy at the campground laundry with a kayak on his truck. Turns out he has a camp near GM and works for Carl at Northern Waters in I'm going to his camp for dinner later. His name is Alex. Sounds like light south winds tomorrow and I'll likely camp just after Au Sable Lighthouse. I've been relieved to hear that the flies I encountered we're the worst anyone living here all their lives had experienced. People were leaving campgrounds in the Park in droves.. Kayak tour operators canceled 3 days of tours during that stretch.

This is where I hung out charging batteries and accessing WiFi. Bayshore Market.

Farmers Market was over when I walked by but i talked a bit with Len Novak the drum artisan living nearby.

Open mic where I had dinner last night..

The place I had breakfast and used WiFi.. West Bay Diner

No comments:

Post a Comment