Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Munising Michigan

I left Beaver Creek campsite in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore this morning at 6:30 AM. I'll be posting all the awesome photos next. I got to the Munising Tourist Park Campground just after noon. Not bad for about 24 miles with a gimp right shoulder.
I called Carl from Northern Waters who came and gave me a ride to town as soon as he had a free moment. I'm at the Falling Rock Cafe downtown now several miles from where the campground is. $22 bucks a night for just one tent..one person. Next to my site is a large Boy Scout group on 2 sites. The city campground charges the same price per site for multiple vehicles and about 5 tents on each site. Must be 16 or 18 of them all together?
Anyway I'll buy dinner somewhere and resupply my food a bit and get a ride back to the campground later. This seems like a nice town. Carl gave me a bit of a tour before dropping me off at Falling Rock Cafe.
I'll head out toward Marquette in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment