Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Point aux Mines to ...?

We are past Pancake Bay and Batchwana Bay. Lots of private property now. We're likely camped on some but there are no cabins. We are on a beach between cabins. We passed up on nice beaches for lunch due to there being cabins on them....we paddled on and on and finally decided to stop on a rocky beach even though there was a cabin up in the woods.
We had old remnants of swells less than half meter which became calm abs can be for he final 10 miles or so. Light winds which totally dropped to nothing toward the end. We are on mission to get to where the resupply was shipped in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. I'm just tagging along and tomorrow will be my last night with Dave, Amy and Dan. On Friday I will cross to Michigan, USA and continue paddling around Lake Superior while Wilderness Classroom will continue east through Georgian Bay of Lake Huron and on to the old Voyager Route that takes them to the St Lawrence Seaway.
I could just barely see Micigan today... I think It was Whitefish Point? It will be interesting finding a place to camp tomorrow night. Tonight was hard enough finding a place. I have located a nice little Park where I'll camp first night in Michigan, Sherman Park....It has camping. I'll have about a 4 mile walk to the grocery store and customs if they need me to check in? I'll call them when I get to the Park.

Didn't take many photos... We have officially left the beautiful, natural coast of Canada's Lake Superior and entered the zone of increasing residential and vacation development.

We came to a place with south shore geology.

Camped on a marshy beach area . Vacation homes in view across the way and we really don't know if this is private land but it's all we had to choose from...

No comments:

Post a Comment