Monday, June 18, 2012

Tahqumenon River Mouth

Well the storminess seems to have passed..for now. There's whitecaps out in whitefish Bay now! I'm tucked back in the trees off a beach at the mouth a few hundred feet from the ramp.
Some sun is coming through the clouds here and there. Looks like the 5 swans are out on a sandbar and the Sandhill Cranes are still hanging out at the boat ramp area. I hope it calms down so I can get around Whitefish Point tomorrow. I'd like to spend summer solstice in Grand Marais Michigan. Down to 57% on the iPad!

Somewhere along the 7 mile day today... The swan.. 1 of 5 hanging out here

Where I first pulled over..near where I'm camped .. Crane 1 of the 2 near the ramp

I took a little paddle up the river

Boat ramp area

My campsite .. I hung my skirt over the red water filter bag. Minutes ago a couple people walked by on the beach.. Probably to look at the swans?

A bit of sun after the storms

No comments:

Post a Comment