Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On toward Marquette Micigan

It would have been nice to spend more time in Munising but at $22 a night it was time to move on and try for some free camping for a change.
I was pleased to have heard back from Frida. Dave and Amy had met them and stayed there back in 2006. They live just east of Marquette right on the beach. I figured two days to get here but having left the Munising Tourist Park Campground at 8:40 am I found myself at the place Carl said I could camp by 1:40 pm. I thought about going all the way to Frida's but my shoulder was hurting enough after the 22 miles. Clearly I need to slow down or take more breaks to put in longer days. It's a bummer to have this shoulder that feels good for the first 5 miles.. Not too bad for the next.. Then becomes bothersome for some certain amount of miles then not as bad... It's a huge distraction to the enjoyment of my trip. I especially have a painful time when fighting into a headwind. It sure has been a windy June.. I thought that was one of the calmer months?

Shortly after leaving the city campground. Heading toward Fivemile Point

Au Train Point .. Crossing Au Train Bay to Au Train Island .. Now to find a spot for lunch

Lunch on Au Train Island

On toward Laughing Fish Point

Laughing Fish Point

Approaching the mouth of Laughing Whitefish River

A small boat ramp located about a quarter mile up the flowage from Superior.

My campsite and sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment