Friday, June 29, 2012

Just east of Marquette

It was a lovely morning paddling out of the Laughing Whitefish River yesterday. I had about a 16 mile paddle to get to my destination just east of marquette. I'm having a great restful visit with some nice folks who Dave and Amy had met in 2006 on there paddle around Superior. Frida and Ron, who's daughter Eryka and boyfriend are visiting from Bozeman are awesome hosts! From the guest room with private bath I stayed in, I looked out the window and noticed the wind was pretty strong. The marine forecast was sounding much better for tomorrow so I'm staying a second night. We all went out to eat last night and now there are preparations going on for dinner here tonight. I'll spend the day packing the additional food I bought yesterday and research more on camping options further along. A day or two from here I will pass the shoreline of the Huron Mountain Club which is private, large and guarded with security so I'll want to paddle through that 20 or 30 miles all in one day. Staying a second day will make getting an early start easy.

Heading out to the Laughing Whitefish Rivermouth

Approaching Shot Point

Almost there....

The little metal sculpture Frida put out to help me find their place!

You can see Marquette in the not to far distance .. They have a floating walkway across a pond .. Filled with white water lilies

A lovely home in a lovely setting

Checking out the Marquette Harbor before dinner

The guest room .. One more night and it's back to living in my tent

No comments:

Post a Comment