Saturday, June 30, 2012

Latest start yet : )

I didn't get underway until just about 11 AM. There was yet another wonderful meal. A breakfast of an oven pop over kind of thing.. with fruit and maple syrup...and bacon. Yummy!
I had begun packing the boat prior to breakfast so it was not long until final good byes with Frida, Ron, Eryka and Chelan.
It was windy as I set out and for an hour or more seemed to be getting stronger.. It may have been shoreline effect or the wind just died down as I was heading to Presque Isle Point. There were some confused remnants of yesterday's wind which I found bothersome. I did manage to make it to where I planed but it might be private property? I paddled from 11 AM to 6:50 PM so almost 8 hours. I stopped for one break way past halfway.. Lunch around 4 PM I think? My shoulder it getting worked? It will be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I paddle past the private property of the Huron Mountain Club so no breaks on land for a long time. I guess I've kind of been doing long no break stretches anyway.

How the wind had drifted around my kayak.. The breakfast with oven pop over kind of things!

Heading through the Marquette Harbor areas .. There were a couple in an inflatable up ahead as I began to go around Presque Isle Point. The wind which was pretty strong nicely died right about then.

Crazy mansion kind of place I passed on Garlic Point

Continuing on looking for a place to stop for lunch not private.... My lunch stop was about 4:15 pm. Likely private but no sign of anything?

Finally the bay before Big Bay.. Beach with mouth of the Little Iron River. Might have been private? Certainly it was next to private property..

My camp near Little Iron River

The mouth of the Little Iron River did seem private .. I was down on the far end of beach? Private or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment